We're excited to have Aniphon Wiki as part of the Wikia community! There's still a lot to do, so here are some helpful tips and links to get your wiki going:
- Not sure where to begin? Stop by Founder & Admin Central and check out the Blog for tips on how to jump start your wiki and make it grow!
- Visit Community Central to make friends via chat, learn about new features and get updated on Wikia news and upcoming features on the Staff Blog.
- Take a look at our webinar series -- where you can sign up to interact with Wikia staff, as well as watch past sessions
- Be sure to check out Wiki Features to see what features you can enable on your wiki!
- Explore our forums on Founder and Admin Central to see what other wiki admins are asking.
- Lastly, visit our Help Pages to answer any specific question you may have.
All of the above links are a great place to start exploring Wikia. If you get stuck or have a question you can't find the answer to -- please contact us here. But most importantly, have fun! :)
Happy editing!-- Sarah Manley
Have an IRC or easier way to communicate while we edit? I wouldn't like the be editing something you are working on.
Hey Adammurg, Thanks for making this Wiki! The game has only been out for a few days, and I'm already hooked. I was going to make a wiki myself until I noticed you made one not a day before. Anyway, I was wondering if you would consider making me an admin of the wiki. I'm relatively new to Wikia, but I want to help as much as possible. Thanks! Domderek 08:00, December 11, 2011 (UTC)domderek
How do you move pages you create, like an aniphon page, under the drop down link 'Aniphon' on the main page?
Thanks! Sharijmay 12:13, December 11, 2011 (UTC)Sharijmay
99% of my images are just screen caps from my iPhone that I cropped in Paint. That's all I really know how to do. I did take the pictures of them from their specific info screens rather than the "active aniphon" screen, so maybe they are slightly larger there? Domderek 10:13, December 12, 2011 (UTC)
So I added some of the other categories to the wiki navigation (just to make it more complete) , but I can't figure out how to give them the drop down menu that is there for the "Aniphon" section. Do you know how to change this? Domderek 20:14, December 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Wow do I feel stupid now... Haha thanks for fixing it. Domderek 23:47, December 12, 2011 (UTC)
I have noticed that some people post ability images with and some without the text below it. Which do you prefer I adhere to? -Geraffes 04:29, December 15, 2011 (UTC)
With the new, substantially longer Aniphon descriptions, there are a few errors with the grammar (particularly, the lack of commas). Should we transcribe the original text, errors and all, or make an effort to correct it? Geraffes 05:38, December 16, 2011 (UTC)
Hey, I noticed that you wanted us to capitalize all instances of the word "Aniphon". I was under the impression that it was only capitalized when referring to the game title, while it was all lower case when referring to the creatures("There are many aniphon in the game Aniphon"). That's what I got from the game. Do you want us to still capitalize everything? Domderek 06:13, December 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Sounds good. Will do so from now on. Domderek 06:31, December 16, 2011 (UTC)
No problem. I'll switch them over either today or tomorrow. I'm trying to figure out how experience works now, but I'll get the images with names on them put up. Seems like I'm the only one with most of the water types...I don't even really live that close to water... 08:08, December 16, 2011 (UTC)Domderek
- I think the most frustrating part for me is the fact that I have yet to see a normal type Aniphon. And I get conditions like clear and cool that supposedly lead to normal Aniphon, but still none. Just increases my desire to travel hehe... Domderek 08:43, December 16, 2011 (UTC)
Haha yo uare like the opposite of me. I'd say the vast majority of what I see is Water, Flying, Ghost, and Goops (so many Goops), but water definitely dominates. Lets just say my Firn doesn't get used very often. Domderek 08:51, December 16, 2011 (UTC)
Gee golly, that sounds swell. Thanks for the offer; I'd be more than happy to take you up on it.
- Geraffes 23:31, December 17, 2011 (UTC)